SCOPE School Thessaloniki: Rethinking the basics of obesity care
Develop you understanding of obesity at this one-day school hosted by World Obesity. Hear from leading speakers on the latest insights on treating obesity, both within Greece and on a wider scale.
Healthcare professionals working in clinical practice including: dieticians, nutritionists, diabetes nurses/educators, physiotherapists, physical activity specialists, general practitioners, obesity medicine, exercise physiologists, specialists, internal medicine physicians and other specialists treating obesity related diseases.
About the School
The objective of the event is to enhance knowledge regarding the epidemiology, pathophysiology, and treatment of obesity.
Topics will include:
• the extent of the obesity epidemic in Greece and globally
• The relationship between inflammation and CVD
• Hunger and satiety regulation
• Weight loss and the clinically significant beneficial effect
• Dietetic interventions for the management of obesity and their effects on comorbidities
• Pharmacologic therapeutic options
• The long-term outcomes of bariatric procedures
For more information visit greece.worldobesity.org